Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 7 Review: Wanderlove

From Goodreads:
It all begins with a stupid question: 

Are you a Global Vagabond? 

No, but 18-year-old Bria Sandoval wants to be. In a quest for independence, her neglected art, and no-strings-attached hookups, she signs up for a guided tour of Central America—the wrong one. Middle-aged tourists with fanny packs are hardly the key to self-rediscovery. When Bria meets Rowan, devoted backpacker and dive instructor, and his outspokenly humanitarian sister Starling, she seizes the chance to ditch her group and join them off the beaten path. 

Bria's a good girl trying to go bad. Rowan's a bad boy trying to stay good. As they travel across a panorama of Mayan villages, remote Belizean islands, and hostels plagued with jungle beasties, they discover what they've got in common: both seek to leave behind the old versions of themselves. And the secret to escaping the past, Rowan’s found, is to keep moving forward. 

But Bria comes to realize she can't run forever, no matter what Rowan says. If she ever wants the courage to fall for someone worthwhile, she has to start looking back. 

My Review:
This was a really enjoyable book! I mean, a new  going on a backpacking trip in Central America, when while she does have some Hispanic heritage, doesn't speak really any Spanish, sounds like a really good time!

And it was, and the locations, they were gorgeous, many times, and while I'd never go there myself-I have an allergy to anything that remotely resembles exercise-yeah, this book does it for me, so yeah, that's a plus for it!

I really enjoyed all the characters, Rowan was something of a jerk, but he was trying to be better, and sometimes he succeeded, and yeah, their interactions were lots of fun! And yeah, the other characters were just great, varied, and interesting!

Yep, Wanderlove is a book to read, a nice summer read with a few deeper insights as a bonus, too!

Author: Kirsten Hubbard
Read: January 28th-February 16th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I wanted to, and it's an A-Z book!
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Expected Publication: March 13th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!