Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 7 Review: Earth

From Goodreads:
Shayna and her two best friends have the abilities to manipulate and control the four elements, earth, air, water and fire. While learning to hone their growing powers, they discover a new and malicious presence in their sleepy beach town. Someone is performing blood magic and threatens to expose their small magical community. So far only small animals have been slaughtered, but then the nightmares start. 

Shayna suffers nightmares of being chased and sacrificed only to wake up bloodied and bruised. She thinks her magical blood is the ultimate target for the final blood rite. When an innocent girl, Tracy, is kidnapped Shayna knows it's only a ploy to draw her out; she can't let someone die because of her.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! I don't read a lot of books about elemental magic, I mean, there's been a few, but yeah, this book had it's own spin that was unique, and really enjoyable to read! Plus there were some pretty great characters, and a mystery, too!

I really enjoyed the relationship with Jensen, because it was fraught with tension, because hey, there's some spooky things going on, and both of them might be connected to it, in various ways, and there's an attraction between them! My only wish, is that they could've spent more time together, because it was a lot of fun to read, and because their relationship progressed so slowly!

Finding out who was the bad guy, after everything that happened, was a bit sad, because we didn't want that person to be the bad guy-but they were, and there was nothing that we could do about that, we aren't the writer, we're the reader.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this book, it was pretty spectacular, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Shauna Granger
Series: Elemental #1
Read: February 12th, 2012
Source: Author for review
Reason Why: I wanted to, it sounded good, and I have a review post for book 2!
Published: May 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!