Saturday, December 7, 2013

Week 49 Review: Nerve

From Goodreads:
A high-stakes online game of dares turns deadly

When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game knows her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it's exhilarating--Vee and Ian's fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn when they're directed to a secret location with five other players for the Grand Prize round. Suddenly they're playing all or nothing, with their lives on the line. Just how far will Vee go before she loses NERVE?

My Review:
OK, I'm writing this review almost a year after it was posted. So yeah, my first reference, is that Panic is similar, in the dares/challenges that they do, and how the danger factor increases with each one! So good!

So Vee is shy, but in this game, she's very daring. Some of those dares, as a shy person myself, it's a wonder to me, how she could work up, well, the nerve to do those dares! And how they went from simple, easy ones, to personal, and dangerous ones. And in that way, it also reminded me of Countdown.

I loved the romance, because yeah, it's not exactly what you're expecting from the synopsis, and it's layered into the plot, all the twists and turns that are just buried around in this world, because there a lot of secrets that people would like to have kept hidden!

If any book could be a carnival ride, then Nerve would be the roller coaster. So much action, so much going on, even as there's things learned, and just the blood is just pumping, taking the adrenaline just further and further! It could totally be a roller coaster!

I throughly enjoyed this book, such an action packed book, and yeah, I can't wait for more!

Author: Jeanne Ryan
Read: December 2nd, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a SAC 2013 Book!
Publisher: Dial Books (Penguin)
Published: September 13th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!