Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 5 Review: The Burn

From Goodreads:
The Burn is full of nuclear fallout, roving gangs, anarchy, unreliable plumbing. That's what Terra's father tells her. She has lived her whole life in comfort in a colony at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. She hates it. And she would pay any price to leave. But when Terra finally escapes the colony, she finds out her father is right. 

She finds a group of survivors that quickly become friends, and every day with them is a race for survival. When she witnesses and commits unspeakable acts, she has to decide where her loyalty lies: with the colony she despises or The Burn, where every day is filled with nightmares.

My Review:
Ah, how I enjoyed this book! I could really identify with Terra's need to be free of her colony, and yeah, really enjoyed the Little Mermaid-esque-ish trade, her voice, for a journey to the surface. It was pretty great!

This world is one that I wouldn't want to live in-it's not very hospitable to humans. And survival isn't guaranteed, really, like it is here, because sometimes the threat comes from the established government, though I think it's more going to come up in the next book!

I do wish that it was longer, because it was really entertaining, but since it's the start of the series, and I'll get more, regardless, yeah, that's OK! I still just wish we could've spent more time in this book, but yeah. It is what it is!

I can't wait for more, because this was a really fantastic book, and it was left very open!

Author: Annie Oldham
Series: The Burn #1
Read: February 2nd, 2012
Source: Author for review
Reason Why: Sounded really interesting, I like my post-apocalyptic novels! And it's a 2012 Dystopian book!
Published: September 27th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!