Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 5 Review: Valiant

From Goodreads:
When seventeen-year-old Valerie runs away to New York City, she's trying to escape a life that has utterly betrayed her. Sporting a new identity, she takes up with a gang of squatters who live in the city's labyrinthine subway system.
But there's something eerily beguiling about Val's new friends. And when one talks Val into tracking down the lair of a mysterious creature with whom they are all involved, Val finds herself torn between her newfound affection for an honorable monster and her fear of what her new friends are becoming.
My Review:
This book was just so totally entertaining! Set in the same world as Tithe, it does have mostly different characters, and yeah, I really enjoyed getting to know Val, her gang of friends, and Ravus! It was just so entertaining!

This book, most of the conflict, was coming from internal, from what Val is struggling with, because most of this book was a bit of a combative reflective, and yeah, that was pretty epic, because it was different then Tithe, which was more investigate the mystery kind of thing!

I really enjoyed these characters, they were really interesting, and I really enjoyed their relationships, so yeah, I really hope that at least some of them pop up in Ironside, because that would just be so great!

I really enjoyed this book, it was just great, and I can't wait to read Ironside!

Author: Holly Black
Series: The Modern Faerie Tales #2
Read: February 5th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I just kinda checked out all of Holly Black's books. Yep.
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Published:  May 31st 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!