Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Truth About Lilly Barnes: Review

From Goodreads:
"Today is the day it is going to happen. I'm not melancholy or nervous. I just want to get it over with more than anything. Today is the day that I, Lilly Barnes, die."

Lilly Barnes doesn't want to live anymore. She is prepared to leave her life, family, and more importantly, her best friend Buddy behind for good. But, why? What could be so horrible that it makes a young girl want to end her life? Find out in The Truth about Lilly Barnes.

My Review:
So this book was a bit personal, after all my event of near end grade 9. And subsequent therapists and psychologists. It was really interesting to read Lilly's story. Humans aren't perfect, and we all have a breaking point.

The relationship between Lilly and Buddy was pretty important to the both of them. But the let others, and themselves, damage it, until it wasn't what it was, which is what made it easier for her to make this decision.

Yeah, this book deals with some pretty serious material. But it's something that people should be thinking about. Thinking about how their words can harm someone, even if you don't think so, even if it's what everybody does.

I really enjoyed the ending, because yeah, it's a pretty happy one, after everything that happened in this book. It was really great that Lilly and Buddy got a happy ending together, I really, really enjoyed that, it made everything so much better! (Not that she couldn't have a happy ending without him, just that with him, it's better!)

This was a really great book, and I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Kimberly Russel
Read: September 1st, 2012
Source: Review Copy for Tour
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book!
Published: June 5th, 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars









Bio:
Hello! I have written two novels – BETWEEN BALLOONS and THE TRUTH ABOUT LILLY BARNES. I am currently working on my third novel, THE ADORATION OF EMMA WYLDE.

I'm obsessed with all things Jane Austen. I read a lot of YA but my all-time favorite is a cozy mystery. As far as teen books go I really love Stephanie Perkins, Sarah Dessen, Sara Zara, and Ann Brashares. As far as adult books go I love Sidney Sheldon (he will always have my heart), Stephen King, Sophie Kinsella, and Charlaine Harris. When I'm not reading or writing I enjoy spending time with my husband, baking, and finding ways to meet Jimmy Fallon.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, that is a interesting way of reviewing books. I guess I never paid attention before, but you don't write anything about the book.~Stormi, Lightning Book Promotions

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!