Saturday, December 3, 2011

Week 48 Review: While I'm Still Myself

From Goodreads:
A passionate December love affair. 
The meeting of an unexpected traveler. 
The consequences of protecting a young new acquaintance. 
A journey into an unknown past. 

In the stories of While I'm Still Myself, Jeremy Lane eloquently describes the life changing impact of the brief encounter, showing that life and love are not shaped by an entire lifetime, but by the fleeting moments with unexpected people in unexpected places.


My Review:
This was an awesome collection of short stories! They were creepy, weird, and wonderful! I loved them! And those fleeting moments could mean so much! My favourite was the one of the kids, and it might've been the lawfully wrong thing to do, but it was what was supposed to happen. Kids aren't supposed to go through that.

Yep. This is the first time I've ever read a collection of short stories, because Lover Beware had 4 novellas, not short stories. So this was a first for me. But I really enjoyed reading them, because they were nice and quick, and they were very clever in how they worked in the words "while I'm still myself" each time, from going crazy because of a genetic thing, or by a child running away. So cool! And smart! Loved it!

Some of them had sad endings, but they were good for each story, so I couldn't be sad, because some things just don't work out, and you can't predict what will happen next when you don't know all the facts. And some of them had happy endings. Which was really good! And then some of them had creepy endings, like the hospital and old lady, flowers, and baby one. That was slightly freaky. But yeah.

These were really great short stories, so I hope you guys check them out in January!

And how about you check out the video trailer here!

Author: Jeremy Mark Lane
Read: November 28th, 2011
Source: Author for review
Reason Why: Jeremy asked if I would review it, and While I'm Still Myself sounded interesting!
Publisher: Tate Publishing
Expected Publication: January 10th 2012
4/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

2 comments:

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!