Sunday, January 1, 2012

Best Books Read in 2011

Ok, I've read a lot of books in 2011, and a few rereads. I'm only going to count books that I reviewed here, though, because I have links to those reviews, so I can remember what I was thinking of the books at the time. Yep.

I read and reviewed over 250 from April to December. Of those, 54 I really remembered, and kept thinking about, and thinking about, over and over, after I finished. Those in series where I read more then one, or by the same author, or just ones that I really loved! I can't believe I only got 25 on first count!

I'll go though in alphabetical order by title. Since that's  how I have it on my review page.

First off, is Abandon by Meg Cabot, the first in the Abandon series. I loved the retelling of the Hades and Persephone myth, brought alive by Meg Cabot's writing. Loved Abandon, and I just can't wait for Underworld to come out!!!

The next up that I loved is Across the Universe by Beth Revis, first in the Across the Universe series. It was so amazing, with an epic romance, and a confined environment, and an exciting mystery! Loved it! And the cover for the hardcover, which is my copy, is so pretty! Love the faces as they are inches away from kissing, and the starry background! Amazing! Can't wait for A Million Suns!!

Next is Bloodlines by Richelle Mead,which was so amazing, it was great to see Sydney as a really main character, as the narrator, that was just spectacular! Especially since the Vampire Academy series finished, we still get to see some of the familiar characters, which is the best! And what a great cover! Can't wait for The Golden Lily!
Next up is City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare, and of course all the books by Cassandra Clare, the first 3 in the Mortal Instruments series, and Clockwork Angel, and I haven't read Clockwork Prince, yet, but I have it on order from the library. CoFA was so amazing, that Clary and Jace had gone through so much, and we thought they were done, but nope, they have some more troubles. Love the cover with both Clary and Simon, the first with more then 1 person! I'm hoping that we get a cover that has a whole group of the characters, like was mentioned as a possibility. Can't wait for CoLS, and CP2, even if I haven't yet read CP. Yep.

The next up is the Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr, Wicked Lovely, Ink Exchange, Fragile Eternity, Radiant Shadows, and Darkest Mercy,  with such powerful stories, and characters, with a complex plot, and back and forth, emotional conflict, these books were just the best!





Next up is the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter, of which I read (and came out), The Darkest Secret, and The Darkest Surrender. I love Gena Showalter's writing, and Secret and Surrender just kept that going, they were so awesome, and I just loved reading them!


The next up is Dearly, Departed by Lisa Habel because who doesn't love a post-apocalyptic self-inflicted Victorian age with zombies? Precisely! This book was amazing, with hilarious characters, and such a strong plot, just loved it, and I can't wait for Dearly, Beloved!
Next up is Delirum by Lauren Oliver, of course. To have a society who believe love is something that needs to be cured, and the fight for love? Well, that's most definitely going to be an interesting book, to say the least! Can't wait for Pandemonium to come out!
 Next up is The Devil Colony by James Rollins. We had to wait about 2 years for the book to come out, and what a great book to wait for! There was the ever typical Rollins blend of mystery, science, history, and attention-grabbing action to keep the heart pumping in overtime. Just amazing! Can't wait for another book!

Next up is Divergent by Veronica Roth, because who doesn't like Four, or the world developed by Veronica Roth, and I just kept thinking about it, and what group would I be a part of, and yeah. Can't wait for Insurgent!
Next up is Eve by Anna Carey, in which the bad guys made me very, very, very mad! But they were so good,  the characters, and such a great book! I loved it! I can't wait to read Once! Looks really good!
Next up is Firelight by Sophie Jordan. Probably everyone else would say Vanish, but that's still on order from the library, but it'll be on my 2012 list. Unless you believe in the Mayan Calender that leads to the world ending thereabouts. But this was such an amazing story, and about creatures that are really close to dragons! Yep. Can't wait to read Vanish, and Hidden!!!
Next up is Fracture by Megan Miranda, which was such a tragic story, of loss, and how to survive after coming back to life. It was really good, and I can't wait to see what else Megan Miranda writes!
Next up is Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, and A Clash of Kings. I know the series has been out for a long time, but I only got started on it with the TV show, as I suspect many people have, since there's been so many copies of the books at bookstores. I loved the stories, and how complex they are, and how long, which means I have more to read, which is always a good thing! Can't wait to read to read A Storm of Swords, a Feast of Crows, a Dance of Dragons, and any more books!

Next up is The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross. The characters were great, very funny, and the plot was excellent, and it didn't hurt that it came out on my brithday, or that it was a historical YA. Very great book! Can't wait for The Girl in the Clockwork Collar comes out!
Next is Glow by Amy Kathleen  Ryan. This is a book that I just kept thinking about. It made me mad, like the main character, about faiths, and using them, but then she didn't go around the right way to try and make things better, but that just means that the next book is really going to be great, and I can't wait for it!
Next up is Infinity, and Invincible, both foo the Chronicles of Nick series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, which were so funny, so deep, and so great, that I just kept reading them, and reading them fast, and they were just the best books ever! They are the 3rd and 4th respectively in the chronological order of their release dates in my tops of 2011. Can't wait to read Infamous!!!

 Next up is the Intertwined series, Intertwined, Unraveled, and Twisted by Gena Showalter. These books are so good, and they're by Gena Showalter, and I loved Aden and the gang, and the problems! So amazing! Can't wait for book 4, and the spin off series!!



 Next up is the Iron Fey series, The Iron King, the Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, and The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa. I jsut read them one afte rthe other, and they just had to be read, from Megan finding her brother, and then all the problems with the iron, well, just amazing! And the Iron Knight was pretty much the best, with Ash's POV and all. Can't wait to see what Julie Kagawa is going to write next!



Next up is A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan, which was just so amazing, I just kept thinking about it afterwards, that parents would be turning off their children when they were annoying? That was just despicable to me, and I was glad that her parents were dead before the story really started. Otherwise, I would've made them dead, after putting them through what they put her through, first! Can't wait for more!!!
Next up is Matched by Ally Condie, yeah, I know, I'm behind on a lot of series, but I'm catching up, and I will eventually be all caught up. So, so, so good, and a great dystopian, I believe, and yeah, just loved it, I'm going to read Crossed soon, hopefully, and then the 3rd book! Whoo!

Next up is the Soul Screamer's series, My Soul to Lose, My Soul to Take, My Soul to Save, My Soul to Keep, My Soul to Steal, and If I Die by Rachel Vincent. Loved this series, and how it developed, and Kaylee and Tod and everybody, it was just so good! Can't wait for book 6!!






Next up is Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. Again. Latebloomer.I will read Wolfsbane, in fact, I just bougth it, but Nightshade was just thrilling to read, with a great love triangle, and great characters, and a great plot, I just need to read more!!! Can't wait for Bloodrose!!!
 Next is Paranormalcy by Kiersten White 
Next is what was the best book read in 2011 for me. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. Plus the sequels of Magic Study and Fire Study, and Storm Glass, Sea Glass and Spy Glass, Inside Out and Outside In. (Touch of Power gets it's own place) I was utterly captivated by Poison Study, Yelena and Valek were such amazing characters, in such a great world, and I just loved the writing, and kept thinking about it over and over again after I read it. It was the best book I read in 2011, and I can't wait for Scent of Magic!!!







Next up is Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini, which was so amazing! I read the first 99 pages someplace, and it ended in the middle of the freaking sentence! There was just 3 words left, and she was getting strangled, and they cut it off in the middle of the sentence!!! Of course I had to go get it! This was such a great book! Loved it! Can't wait for Dreamless!

Next up is Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder. Just had to put it by itself, because it was the second best of  that I read in 2011. Avry, and the lillies, and yeah, such a great book!Again, I can't wait for Scent of Magic!

Next is The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin. Loved the mystery, and the paranormal stuff that comes in, it was so good! I can't wait for more!Can't wait for book 2!
Next up is Wither by Lauren DeStefano. Who doesn't love this one? With multiple brides, the unfairness of it all, well, really gets on my nerves, but makes for a really great book! Really don't want to wait for Fever!!!

And last of all, is XVI by Julia Carr. That girls turning 16 had to get a tattoo, well, that was infuriating. Which I could've harmed the boys that would use that tattoo. Becaus it was evil! But a great book! Can't wait for Truth!


Well, that's all for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!