Saturday, May 5, 2012

Week 18 Review: The Stone Prince

From Goodreads:
A love as bright as the stars and enduring as stone... 
Katie James is unlucky in love--so unlucky she's been reduced to kissing the marble statue in her own garden. But her luck changes when the statue warms to life in her arms--and turns out to be a hunk straight out of any woman's fantasy! Well, almost... Jorlan en Sarr hails from a distant planet and like all the other men Katie's known, he comes with a lot of baggage.

A cursed warrior with a lover's magic touch... 
Entombed in his stony skin for centuries, Jorlan has been waiting for a maiden fair to break the spell. Yet this statuesque beauty with the will of an Amazon and kisses like flame is a far cry from the obedient damsels of Imperia. And though Jorlan is tempted to abandon all for the sake of Katie, unless he can convince her to give him her heart in two weeks' time, he'll be turned back to stone. And she'll be lost to him forever.

My Review:
This was an amazing read!!!! The characters were amazing, from Katie's staunch support of feminism, to Jorlan's view (and Katie's dad, and to a certain extent, her brothers) view of a "woman's place" and how they clashed, and in that clashing, developed a strong bond, even though neither of them really wanted it, it was just so freaking good!

I didn't agree with Jorlan's view of women, seeing as I'm female. So go, Katie, for putting up with Jorlan's views of feminism and females in general! It helps that you fell in love with him, and vice versa! So awesome!

Love the humour and love and laughter and friendship in this book! From the friends that Katie makes, and how the daughter of the one is connected to the kinda-bad guy, well, yeah, that was really great to read more sides of the story!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was an amazing Gena Showalter book, as ever, and I just really enjoyed reading it!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Imperia #1
Read: May 4th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Because I love Gena Showalter's writing, and I'm 1 book closer to read all her books!
Publisher: HQN
Published: September 1st 2004
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!