Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 19 Review: Velveteen

From Goodreads:
Velveteen Monroe is dead. At 16, she was kidnapped and murdered by a madman named Bonesaw. But that's not the problem.

The problem is she landed in purgatory. And while it's not a fiery inferno, it's certainly no heaven. It's gray, ashen, and crumbling more and more by the day, and everyone has a job to do. Which doesn't leave Velveteen much time to do anything about what's really on her mind.

Bonesaw.

Velveteen aches to deliver the bloody punishment her killer deserves. And she's figured out just how to do it. She'll haunt him for the rest of his days. 

It'll be brutal . . . and awesome.

But crossing the divide between the living and the dead has devastating consequences. Velveteen's obsessive haunting cracks the foundations of purgatory and jeopardizes her very soul. A risk she's willing to take—except fate has just given her reason to stick around: an unreasonably hot and completely off-limits coworker.

Velveteen can't help herself when it comes to breaking rules . . . or getting revenge. And she just might be angry enough to take everyone down with her.  

My Review:
This was a fantastic book! I loved reading so much! I mean, a book where the heroine has been wronged-and the only way to get revenge damages where she's stuck, and all that she has left after she was killed-her soul. So yeah, I just had to read it!

I'm so happy that I was approved to read this book, it was dark, and creepy, and Velvet was mean and brutal, but she has a reason for that-she was murdered. So yeah, I enjoyed this book so much! So entertaining and good!

So there were a few things going on-Velvet leading her group to collect souls, her revenge on Bonesaw, dealing with the impending collapse of purgatory, and Nick, the new guy who there is a spark between him and Velvet. So yeah, there was a lot going on!

I enjoyed this book a lot, and I just want a sequel, because I want to spend more time in this world, and get some answers to some of the stuff going on in this book!

Author: Daniel Marks
Series: Velveteen #1
Read: May 6th-7th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: It sounded really good! And it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Expected Publication: October 9th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!