Saturday, May 5, 2012

Week 18 Review: Timepiece

From Goodreads:
A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...

Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?

Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devastating results. 

Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot. It was different then I expected, but that's because it wasn't Em narrating this time, it was Kaleb and yeah, that was a change, and the idea, at first, I didn't like, but the story persuaded me to like it!

This book had a lot more world building. Because Kaleb's been in this world the whole time, and Em was just joining, you'd think it would be the opposite, because Kaleb has someone to help introduce to it, and yeah, Lily and Kaleb have some pretty interesting times with all that!

The rips and the time changes, well, there's not doing the best for the characters! There was just a lot going on for the characters, and it was like, I hope they have a chance to take a breather, or sooner or later, they're going to make a mistake they can't come back from!

This book was just so good! I enjoyed reading it so much, and I can't wait for more! This series is shaping up to be a pretty great one, indeed!

Author: Myra McEntire
Series: Hourglass #2
Read: May 2nd, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved Hourglass, and the cover's so pretty! And it's a Sophomore Challenge book!
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Expected Publication: June 12th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!