Saturday, May 5, 2012

Week 18 Review: Erebos

From Goodreads:
An intelligent computer game with a disturbing agenda. 

When 16-year-old Nick receives a package containing the mysterious computer game Erebos, he wonders if it will explain the behavior of his classmates, who have been secretive lately. Players of the game must obey strict rules: always play alone, never talk about the game, and never tell anyone your nickname. 

Curious, Nick joins the game and quickly becomes addicted. But Erebos knows a lot about the players and begins to manipulate their lives. When it sends Nick on a deadly assignment, he refuses and is banished from the game. 

Now unable to play, Nick turns to a friend for help in finding out who controls the game. The two set off on a dangerous mission in which the border between reality and the virtual world begins to blur.

My Review:
I wasn't expectiong this book to be as good as it was! I was thinking it was going to be a tolerable book, so I put off reading it. But it was just such an excellent book, and I was just sucked into this world! It was just excellent, and written rally well, too!

Such a unique book with the game, though I was reminded of the movie Spy Kids 3, because the worlds had the game, though there were major differences! I just enjoyed learning about this world!

So when we found out the why's of the game, like why it was made-and who made it-well, yeah, that just a bit sad, that this is the path that he went on, and he built thins up do accomplish his goals.

Such a fantastic book, loved the team to take it down, and yeah, just really enjoyed this book!

Author: Ursula Poznanski
Read: April 28th-29th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I wanted to read it! Sounds really good! And it's a LLFL book!
Publisher: Annick Press, Limited
Published: January 31st 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!