Saturday, September 1, 2012

Week 35 Review: The Demon Catchers of Milan

From Goodreads:
Mia's ordinary life is disrupted in the most horrifying way possible when she is possessed by a hungry and powerful demon--and only saved by the arrival of relatives from Italy, the country her grandfather fled many decades ago. Now her cousins Emilio and Giuliano say the only way to keep her safe is for her to come back with them to Milan, to live, to learn Italian, to fall in and out of love, and to master the family trade: fighting all demons with the lore of bell, book, and candle. Milan is not what Mia expected, but it will change her forever, in this stunningly well-written novel about an American girl who, fleeing an ancient evil, finds her only salvation in her ancestral home.

My Review
:
Oh, yeah, it was so good to be able to read this book! It was fun, and it was great, and just so great! I mean, a modern day-ish family still kinda stuck in the past, seeing as they fight demons? Yeah, that sounds really great!

I felt pretty bad for Mia, she gets possessed, and then has to move back to the country that her grandfather left. Alone, knowing really nobody well, but going to live with extended family members. Who know why she's there. Kinda awkward! But Mia dealt pretty well!

I kinda wish that there'd been more action, after all, this is a family that fights demons, for goodness sake, which should mean a lot of fights. But there was training for Mia, and since this is going to be a series, well, hopefully there'll be more fighting!

There was romance, and how it was set up, and how it woven in and out of the other elements of the book was just perfect! Because this is a pretty hard, solitary besides family, life. And this is a lesson that Mia learns over the course of the book! But hopefully she won't let the life beat her down, because what romance there was, I want more of it!

Fantastic, awesome book! I loved it so much, and I can't wait for the sequel!

Author: Kat Beyer
Series: The Demon Catchers of Milan #1
Read: August 27th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really, really good, and it's a DAC book!
Publisher: EgmontUS
Published: August 28th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!