Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 10 Review: Withering Tights

From Goodreads:
Wow. This is it. This is me growing up. On my own, going to Performing Arts College. This is good-bye, Tallulah, you long, gangly thing, and hellooooo, Lullah, star of stage.

Tallulah Casey is ready to find her inner artist. And some new mates. And maybe a boy or two or three.

The ticket to achieving these lofty goals? Enrolling in a summer performing arts program, of course. She's bound for the wilds of Yorkshire Dales--eerily similar to the windswept moors of "Wuthering Heights." Tallulah expects new friends, less parental interference, and lots of drama. Acting? Tights? Moors? Check, check, check.

What she doesn't expect is feeling like a tiny bat's barging around in her mouth when she has her first snog.

My Review:
This book wasn't for me. It's for a younger age group, and while it was entertaining, it was pretty cringe-worthy. I wish I hadn't read it, it was pretty much a waste of my time. I know it's a good book, but Tallulah just got on my nerves so much!

I had to skip bits of this book, because I mean, I didn't care about what would happen. I could just kinda see what would happen, like a train crash about to happen. And I didn't want to read more of it. Yeah.

I haven't read Wuthering Heights, and while I have read Pride and Prejudice, which came out around the same time I believe, I won't read Wuthering Heights, for a variety of reasons. A) I'm not really for the classics, because they're either boring, or they're written in a voice that needs deciphering, and I'm not for that. And B) this book was a retelling of it. Which I know I shouldn't hold against the original book, but I am.

Yeah. This book would be good for a younger age, but not for me. I've almost graduated High School, and Tullalah, yeah.

Author: Louise Rennison
Series: Misadventures of Tallulah Casey #1
Read: February 13th-March 7th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Looked interesting, and I've seen it around!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: June 28th 2011
2/5 Hearts
0/5 Books
0/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!