Thursday, March 8, 2012

Will The Time Come #40, March 8th


Every Thursday I am going to list a book which I really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! Thanks to Jodie from Books for Company for this meme!

Want to Join?
-Pick a book you have been meaning to read
-Do a post telling us about the book    
-Link the post up in the linky  
-Visit the other blog

All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
From Goodreads:
In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family.

Why the time hasn't come yet...
Well, it took forever for it to get to me, I requested it at least before December! But I'm going to read it next week, because it sounds really good! What about you guys? Happy reading!!

3 comments:

  1. This book sounds good, it's on my to-read list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What! Chocolate and coffee are illegal?! I wouldn't last 5 minutes, hehe :D
    I've never heard of this book but I really wanted to read Elsewhere by this author. Hope you enjoy it!
    My TWC post

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really good! Read it!!! :)

    And I know, I wouldn't, either! The character mention that the chocolate ban is like the alcohol ban, and how it's going to change soon, since they have rations on water and food and electricity. Yep. And read both-they're both really good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!