Saturday, March 10, 2012

Week 10 Review: Along for the Ride

From Goodreads:
It's been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents' divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live. 

A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she's been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend. 

My Review:
This book was like, perfect. I enjoyed reading about these characters, getting to know them, there was a really nice journey for both Auden and Eli, the parts together, and the parts alone, yeah, I enjoyed reading that a lot!

This is a perfect summer read! I just don't know why I'm reading these perfect summer reads at all times-except for summer! It's getting really weird, and I'm wondering why the timing is ending up that way!

I think one of my most favourite parts of this book, was seeing these characters let go of what was burdening them, Auden with the situation with her parents, and Eli, of his guilt over the death of his friend. That was just so good, for them to let that bad stuff go, and move on!

This is my first Sarah Dessen novel, but it won't be my last! I enjoyed this book so much!

Author: Sarah Dessen
Read: March 8th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Wanted to check the author out!
Publisher: Vikings Children's Books
Published: June 1st 2009
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!