Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 5 Review: Crater Lake

From Goodreads:
While visiting his crazy Uncle Bart at Crater Lake National Park, thirteen-year-old Ethan's world collapses when all the adults at Crater Lake disappear, including his parents. Now Ethan must rally his new friends and decipher the legends of Crater Lake to find the key to rescuing his parents from their earthen prison before he's captured too and their imprisonment becomes permanent.

My Review:
Honestly? I could hardly finish this book. It was  a middle grade book, and some things were just hard for me to suspend my disbelief. While I was reading it, it was pretty caught up, like I always am, but looking back, I can see it, after all, it took me 2 days to read it!

While it's a kids dream, initially, having everyone over 16 suddenly disappearing, well, it's not as good as it sounds, and thus starts the quest to get them back. Which involves quite a lot of missions, to accomplish various tasks to free the adults.

There were the 5 of them, the kids, that were left to do all this, and they were all important, they all played a role, and that was really good. What wasn't so good, was that since freeing their parents took so long, this would've been better as a stand alone novel, it did end in a good spot. I won't be reading the sequel.

All in all, a good middle grade book, but not one for most teens, or adults besides those with kids those age, I think.

Author: Steve Westover
Read: January 29th-30th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded interesting, and it's a Sophomore Reading Challenge book!
Publisher: Cedar Fort
Expected Publication: March 6th 2012
3/5 Hearts
1/5 Books
1/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!