Saturday, March 3, 2012

Week 9 Review: Need You Now

From Goodreads:
Abe Cushman, the evil genius behind a sixty-billion-dollar Ponzi scheme, has killed himself and taken his secrets to the grave. 

For Patrick Lloyd, a young Wall Street advisor at the world's largest Swiss bank, Cushman's fall has unexpected-and deadly-repercussions. His girlfriend, Lilly, is directly tied to billions of dollars in losses suffered by Cushman's most dangerous "victims," a group of powerful investors whose identities and dirty finances are shrouded in secrecy. What Lilly knows can get her-and Patrick-killed, and now the pair are in a run for their lives that leads to the heart of secret operation, and to a cabal of powerful government officials determined to keep their agenda secret from the public. 

With no place to turn and no one to trust, Patrick and Lilly must uncover the truth before they become collateral damage in a "financial war" where casualties are no longer measured in dollars and cents.


My Review:
I enjoyed this book quite a bit. It's not totally to my tastes, but that doesn't mean that its not a good book! It definitely got by blood pumping, what with the whole ponzi scheme, and how unfair it was, and the results of it!

So I really enjoyed Patrick and Lilly's relationship, it was a bit staged, a bit, for me, it felt, for some of the things that made it easier for the plot to have, which is true for most, if not all books. But I noticed it in this one. Guess I'm feeling cynical!

I enjoyed the ending, there was a lot of twists and turns in this book, and the ones in the ending were the twistiest, so I enjoyed that a lot! And what with the secrets that both Patrick and Lilly had, they did a good job, so good ending!

This was a pretty great book, and I enjoyed it!

Author: James Grippano
Read: February 26th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded interesting, like a really good mystery!
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Published: January 3rd 2012
4/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!