Saturday, July 28, 2018

Week 30 Review: Zero Hour

From Goodreads:
As a teenager, Audrey Harte went to jail for murder. Now, she uses her own experiences to help catch dangerous killers. Richard le Duke is the most ruthless serial killer criminal psychologist Audrey Harte has ever encountered. When Richard's son -- and suspected accomplice -- is arrested, police hope they have leverage over Richard to get him to release his latest victim. Instead, they find themselves up against a mind almost as warped as his father's. Matthew le Duke will give up his father's location on one condition: Audrey tell him every gruesome detail of her own dark past. If he doesn't contact his father within the hour, a young woman will die, and her murderer will escape. All Audrey has to do is finally reveal what happened that night -- and how it felt to make her first kill.

My Review:
This was such a great short story! I enjoyed reading it so much, though I hope it doesn't mean that we won't get more of this series, because yeah, it's so fantastic! I really enjoyed this mystery, there were a lot of great twists and turns and in such a short story! Loved it!

The idea that this serial killer that has never been caught, who is kinda infamous, lived in and around their area, yeah, that's not a great thing to be a part of your community. That the reason why connected to her friend's family, yeah, that just added another layer of depth to the story!

Matthew was pretty awful! I mean, he knew that his dad did what he did, and he tried to manipulate the cops to get what he wanted instead of doing the right thing. He was just so awful and tricky.  And his plan? Yeah, that was just tricky, but they beat him, yeah!

I loved how it all turned out! I mean, he tried to kill both his dad and his first love/first person he tried to kill. But it didn't work out that way, and yeah, I'm so glad that he was foiled! Made for such a great ending! Loved it!

I loved reading this book, and I really really hope that we get more!

Author: Kate Kessler
Series: Audrey Harte #5
Read: July 24th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Redhook
Published: July 24th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!