Saturday, November 24, 2018

Week 47 Review: The Keeper of the Mist

From Goodreads:
Keri has been struggling to run her family bakery since her mother passed away.  Now the father she barely knew—the Lord of Nimmira—has died, and ancient magic has decreed that she will take his place as the new Lady. The position has never been so dangerous: the mists that hide Nimmira from its vicious, land-hungry neighbors have failed, and Keri's people are visible to strangers for the first time since the mists were put in place generations ago. 

At the same time, three half-brothers with their own eyes on the crown make life within the House just as dangerous as the world outside. But Keri has three people to guide her: her mysterious Timekeeper, clever Bookkeeper, and steadfast Doorkeeper. Together they must find a way to repair the boundary before her neighbors realize just how vulnerable Nimmira is.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I totally wasn't planning on it, but the cover was so beautiful, and it was on a discount book site to buy really cheaply, and it sounded really good, so I had to read it! And it was just absolutely amazing to read!

First off, the world building is spectacular and beautiful! I loved the different countries and their histories, and the magic of Nimmira and how it works! So interesting! The different roles, the Timekeeper, Bookkeeper and the Doorkeeper, yeah, it was interesting how they worked!

Keri has a very fast crash course in this book on politics. She was the bastard daughter of the previous Lord, so she didn't grow up learning about ruling a country. But she puts on a good show, and is a quick study! She was so awesome!

This book was very weird and so enjoyable to read! I loved how everything, one after the other, happened, and how she made the best decisions that she could. Some very weird things happened, and yeah, made for an awesome ending!

This book was absolutely stunning, and I loved it so much! I definitely wouldn't mind a sequel in this world!

Author: Rachel Neumeier
Read: November 23rd, 2018
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2018 Book!
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Published: March 8th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!