Saturday, December 8, 2018

Week 49 Reviews: Spill Zone, Spill Night


From Goodreads:
Nobody's ever really explained the Spill. Was it an angelic visitation? A nanotech accident? A porthole opening from another world? Whatever it was, no one's allowed in the Spill Zone these days except government scientists and hazmat teams. But a few intrepid explorers know how to sneak through the patrols and steer clear of the dangers inside the Zone. Addison Merrick is one such explorer, dedicated to finding out what happened that night and to unraveling the events that took her parents and left her little sister mute and disconnected from the world.

From Goodreads:
It's the night of the Po-town Spill, and things are getting weird. Strange lights fill the sky, the house across the street is melting, and the neighbors are turning into meat puppets. Lexa's big sister and parents are gone, and all she has for company in this calamity is her rag doll, Vespertine. Luckily, since the Spill began Vespertine can talk, and has plenty to say.

My Review:
Oh, these were so fantastic to read! They were the first graphic novels that I've read and yeah, it was different, but I enjoyed them! Scott Westerfeld is an amazing author, and Alex Puvilland and the colour-ist did an amazing job with their respective roles to make a stunning read!

I did read these out of order, because I didn't know about Spill Night until after I'd basically finished Spill Zone, and even then I didn't know that I'd be able to find a copy, but there was one online at the books website, so that was great!

The world in this book is so interesting! The spill and with the various dangers, yeah, so interesting and I wanted to know more! There were a few details that I missed because I'm not used to graphic novels, so like I didn't understand what happened with Jae, that he'd been shot, until I read the commentary on the series website. So go added information!

That ending was just evil! I need more! I mean, it just ends! And there are so many questions! Like, who the heck is Vespertine, and who is her fiance. Or why did the spill happen? And what happened to Addison? Just so many unanswered questions!

These books were so great, and I can't wait to read the sequel!

Author: Scott Westerfeld, Illustrated by Alex Puvilland
Series: Spill Zone #1, 0.5
Read: December 3rd, 3rd, 2018
Source: Library, Online
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and they're 2018 Dsytopia Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Books!
Publisher: First Second
Published: May 2nd 2017, March 2017

Spill Zone:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Spill Night:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!