Saturday, August 4, 2018

Week 31 Reviews: Forbidden Blood, Blood Rights


From Goodreads:
Set in the world of the House of Comarré, Kristen Painter gives us a new novella about the price of freedom.

Maris's life as a comarré has come down to three options: escape her patron and spend the rest of her days looking over her shoulder, fight him for her freedom with the understanding it could mean her death or undergo dangerous experimentation to transform her blood into something even more powerful.

Before she can make a decision, she discovers the vampire who's been charged with sunproofing her blood isn't so fond of her patron either. In fact, Dominic is unlike any vampire she's ever met, but is she desperate enough to put her trust in another noble? Her heart says yes... 

From Goodreads:
Rebellion has a price.

The lacy gold mapped her entire body. A finely wrought filigree of stars, vines, flowers, butterflies, ancient symbols and words ran from her feet, up her legs, over her narrow waist, spanned her chest and finished down her arms to the tips of her fingers.

Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle's body bears the telltale marks of a comarré—a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world...and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.

Now, Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.

My first review of Blood Rights
My Review:
It was so great to read these books! I mean, I'd read Blood Rights before, but that was 5 years ago, so while I remembered so of it, there was a lot I'd forgotten. Plus it made it easy to read Forbidden Blood first, because other reviewers recommended reading it after Blood Rights, but since I'd already read it, yeah, I could so them in the order they are in the series! Yeah!

Forbidden Blood, it was strange to read, because it was Marissa's story, and knowing where they ended up, yeah, it was kinda like watching a train wreck and being unable to stop it. We knew it was going to go wrong, and that sucked because it caused both of them pain.

Blood Rights, I'd remembered a few things. And I don't know if it was memory, good guessing, or a combo of both, that I thought that Tatiana was Malkolm's wife, it just kinda made sense. Really enjoyed that I was right!

There was a lot that this book left unresolved. Like Tatiana was still alive. And both Mal and Doc were both cursed. And Fi was maybe dead for good. So I can't wait to see where things are going to go in the future! I can't wait to read the rest of the series!

I loved reading these books, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Kristen Painter
Series: House of Comarre #0.5, 1
First Read: February 22nd, 2013
Read: August 3rd, 3rd, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike, Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Books!
Publisher: Orbit
Published: May 15th 2012, September 11th 2011

Forbidden Blood:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars










Blood Rights:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!