Saturday, November 24, 2018

Week 47 Review: Beautiful Sinner

From Goodreads:
Locked in with the town bad boy . . .

Most women would be scared, but Gabriella's only worried about resisting Cruz Walsh, who's even hotter than he was back in high school. Cruz was wrongly accused of the high-profile crime for which he was imprisoned; Gabriella's desperate for the scoop that will get her career off the ground and get her out of Sweet Hill, where everyone still remembers her as "Flabby Gabby." Being stuck in a supply closet with Cruz is the perfect opportunity to land an interview. What Bri doesn't count on is Cruz taking "up-close and personal" to a whole new level.

If there's a silver lining to the hell Cruz went through, it's that losing his freedom put everything in perspective. Maybe starting over someplace new would be easier, but after years locked up, Cruz values his family—and his true friends—more than ever. So he's back home, facing the gossip, dodging reporters . . . and face-to-face with Gabriella Rossi. They've both changed: Bri wants a story and Cruz just wants her. Another thing he's learned? Don't let a good thing slip away. 

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book! It was so great, and it was a really connected sequel to Beautiful Lawman, since Cruz was the one who was locked up for killing the guy, and has now been released because of the events in that book. And Gabriella is a relative of the girl who died. Yeah.

The beginning of this book, with them being locked in the closet, was just hilarious! A series of accidents making things worse and worse, and the banter between them, was so great! Oh, and the simmering attraction as well!

I empathized with Gabriella. I didn't have a nickname or get picked on by the high school bully, but I did and do struggle with my weight. I really enjoyed watching her journey, watch her gain confidence that was well deserved! And her work-related journey was pretty great too!

Cruz has spent most of his adult life in prison. He was a bad boy before he went away, but he has some issues coming out. Like with reporters, after the way they treated him when he was imprisoned. And that Gabriella is one...yeah. Just more complications for them to work through!

This book was so fantastic, I really enjoyed reading it! And I wouldn't mind another book in this series, because it's so great!

Author: Sophie Jordan
Series: Devil's Rock #5
Read: November 22nd, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Avon
Published: October 30th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!