Saturday, February 3, 2018

Week 5 Review: Death du Jour

From Goodreads:
Assaulted by the bitter cold of a Montreal winter, the American-born Dr. Temperance Breman, Forensic Anthropologist for the Province of Quebec, digs for a corpse where Sister Elisabeth Nicolet, dead over a century and now a candidate for sainthood, should lie in her grave. A strange, small coffin, buried in the recesses of a decaying church, holds the first clue to the cloistered nun's fate. 

The puzzle surrounding Sister Elisabeth's life and death provides a welcome contrast to discoveries at a burning chalet, where scorched and twisted bodies await Tempe's professional expertise. Who were these people? What brought them to this gruesome fate? 

Homicide Detective Andrew Ryan, with whom Tempe has a combustive history, joins her in the arson investigation. From the fire scene they are drawn into the worlds of an enigmatic and controversial professor, a mysterious commune, and a primate colony on a Carolina island.

My Review:
Yeah, another great mystery book in this series! I have read this series before, but that was years ago, so I'm really glad for this rereading! I just loved this mystery where we really got to meet her daughter, Katy, as well as her sister!

The burning chalet case, yeah, that was pretty horrific, mostly because of the two babies. That someone would do that to them, yeah, that was just wrong! They did get as much justice as they could get, in the end, though!

I loved how the investigation crossed borders, and in places that Tempe was familiar with. The whole cult/compound thing, yeah, that was freaky, especially when she thought Birdie was caught in the cross fry! I'm glad that he wasn't!

The fact that Henry got herself tangled into the case that Tempe was working on, yeah, if it wasn't fiction I'd say that she'd been specifically targeted. But it added just the right amount of flavour of terror for her sister! It was an absolutely wonderful ending!

This book was so fantastic, and I can't wait to reread more!

Author: Kathy Reichs
Series: Temperance Brennan #2
Read: January 30th, 2018
Source: Own
Reason Why: Love this series so rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Pocket Star
Published: May 18th 1999
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!