Saturday, December 15, 2018

Week 50 Review: Spartan Promise

From Goodreads:
Hunting for the bad guys has never been so dangerous . . . 

My name is Rory Forseti, and I attend the Colorado branch of Mythos Academy, a school of warrior kids, powerful artifacts, and mythological monsters.

I’m a student, a fierce Spartan warrior, and a member of Team Midgard, a group of kids and adults tasked with stopping the evil Reapers of Chaos. There is one Reaper I'm determined to hunt down above all others: Covington, the man who murdered my parents.

So when the Midgard gets a tip that Covington is going to try to steal a dangerous artifact, I'm ready to fight. But the situation is far more complicated than it seems, and the Reapers aren't my only enemies.

I'll have to use all my Spartan strength and skills to survive this. And even then, it might be my blood that gets spilled . . .

My Review:
Yeah, I really enjoyed reading this book! The original series and this spin off series is just so fantastic, and I'm so glad that we're getting these Rory books! There were personal developments, and a few pretty big reveals! It was just so great to read!

This book was unexpected, there was one big twist, and then another, and I did guess the second one, which, go, me! Then there was the romance, there was also some tension between Rory and Ian, because of how he acted poorly, which was very fun to read!

This book, we learned more about Covington's plans, and yeah, they're pretty insidious! Because there's a reason why he wants the box, and it's a good thing that the good guys have it! But that's only part of his plan, which means they still have a lot of work ahead of them to beat him!

That ending was pretty intense! So many horrible wounds, and epic fights. Rory learns a lot in this book, and yeah, like Babs has written on her, devotion is strength. And while the book ends on a pretty good note, there was the first chapter of Sparaton Destiny, and I can't stop thinking about it!

Yeah, loved reading this book, it was so fantastic, and I can't wait for Spartan Destiny!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Mythos Academy: Colorado #2
Read: December 14th, 2018
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Jennifer Estep
Expected Publication: January 15th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!