Saturday, December 8, 2018

Week 49 Review: The Trouble With Vampires

From Goodreads:
For close to three thousand years the imposing, impossibly handsome Santo Notte has fought in armies across the world and battled his own, more personal enemies. Of all the places he might expect to encounter his life mate, a quiet corner of upstate New York doesn't seem likely. But as soon as he makes contact with history professor Petronella Stone, while hunting down a suspected rogue immortal, he knows that she will be the greatest adventure of his eternal life.

He expects her to be surprised, confused, even overwhelmed. What he doesn't expect is that Pet has a secret history of her own. There's no mistaking the mind-blowing, mutual pleasure they share. But as Pet struggles to protect her nephew from a danger lurking too close to home, Santo realizes there's another threat to her safety—him. And claiming their passionate future will be impossible until he leaves his past behind, forever…

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book! This series is just so much fun, and yeah, I'm so glad that it exists! I loved Pet and Santo, they were a great couple, and this book had an update on Dr. Dressler, as well as introducing a potential future bad guy/bad group to face! So excited for the future possibilities!

So one thing that I didn't know I wanted, was how Santo was tortured the first time. It was a depressing story, because of how much loss he went through right before, that was caused by the person who then tortured him. Yeah, it was pretty terrible, but it lead him to where he was for this book!

This book is the 2nd, I think, that doesn't really have "was that just an accident or is someone trying to hurt us" events. What happens are kinda scary and threatening. Which I enjoy reading because yeah, it's conflict, and it's different then a lot of the books in this series!

Oh, that ending was pretty intense! I loved reading it! And I kinda guessed that something along those lines had happened, but not quite what actually happened, which was fun. I felt badly for the good guys, but it opens up a lot of possibilities that I can't wait to explore!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait for whatever comes next!

Author: Lynsay Sands
Series: Argeneau #29
Read: December 5th, 2018
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love this series so much, and her writing! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Avon
Expected Publication: April 30th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!