Saturday, October 21, 2017

Week 42 Review: Our Broken Pieces

From Goodreads:
The only thing worse than having your boyfriend dump you is having him dump you for your best friend. For Everly Morgan the betrayal came out of nowhere. One moment she had what seemed like the perfect high school relationship, and the next, she wanted to avoid the two most important people in her life. Every time she sees them kiss in the hallways her heart breaks a little more.

The last thing on Everly's mind is getting into another relationship, but when she meets Gabe in her therapist's waiting room she can't deny their immediate connection. Somehow he seems to understand Everly in a way that no one else in her life does, and maybe it's because Gabe also has experience grappling with issues outside of his control. Just because they share so many of the same interests and there is an undeniable spark between them doesn't mean Everly wants anything more than friendship. After all, when you only barely survived your last breakup, is it really worth risking your heart again?

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book! I've never been in a relationship, but I could sympathize or empathize (forget the difference and which one I mean, so I'm using both!) with her pain. To be broken up when she wasn't expecting it is hard, let alone finding your now ex-best friend making out with your now ex-boyfriend!

To be honest, I felt it was a bit overdone. It being the gossip and how important one relationship is in the scheme of things. It felt like too much, and that it's not really like that, no matter how popular either member of the relationship is or was. Anyways.

I would have liked an example of Everly's panic attacks. They're the reason why she's going to therapy, and the one scene at the beginning wasn't all that much from an outsider's point of view. Might have been more for Everly, since she was the one experiencing it!

I really enjoyed her relationship with Gabe, how a conversation before therapy led to more, and how they connected over their different, well, broken pieces. It sucks about his sister, and hopefully she'll want to get better! And that invitation made for a fantastic ending!

This was a really great book, and I really enjoyed reading it!

Author: Sarah White
Read: October 17th, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Published: August 8th 2017
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!