Saturday, March 23, 2019

Week 12 Review: Good Omens

From Goodreads:
According to The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch (the world's only completely accurate book of prophecies, written in 1655, before she exploded), the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday, in fact. Just before dinner.

So the armies of Good and Evil are amassing, Atlantis is rising, frogs are falling, tempers are flaring. Everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon—both of whom have lived amongst Earth's mortals since The Beginning and have grown rather fond of the lifestyle—are not actually looking forward to the coming Rapture.

And someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist . . .

My Review:
This book was just utterly hilarious! I didn't know about this book until I saw the trailer for the tv show, and yeah, that was so hilarious that I had to read this book! And I can see where the humour from the show came from!

There was some weird and wacky things in this book. Like how the Tibetans apparently dug tunnels, and ended up in England. And Aliens arrived and said they came in peace. All because a child thought about it, and wanted it to happen. A child who happened to be the Antichrist.

A big thing in this book is the idea of an ineffable plan, that everything that happens, is meant to happen. And with a book of prophecies that end when the world is supposed to end, it seems like the time is now. The idea that this was just a test to make sure things work, yeah, that's just wild!

My one complaint is that I liked the bits that focused more on Aziraphale and Crowley. I know the other bits staring the other characters were important, I just wish we could've seen them through the lens of those two.

Loved this book so much, and I can't wait to watch the tv show!

Authors: Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
Read: March 21st, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded good and I want to watch the tv show, and it's a SAC 2019 Book!
Publisher: Ace Books
Published: May 1st 1990
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!