Saturday, May 25, 2013

Week 21 Reviews: Night Pleasures, Night Embrace


From Goodreads:
Dear Reader,

Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power? That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minutes of it.

Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: a conservative woman in a button-down shirt. Or in Amanda's case, one buttoned all the way up to her chin. She's smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal--in other words, me.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Yet every time I look at her, I find myself wanting to try again. Wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist.

Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there's any way a woman like Amanda can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he's not sure it will ever beat again.

Kyrian of Thrace

From Goodreads:
Dear Reader,

Life is great for me. I have my chicory coffee, my warm beignets, and my best friend on the cell phone. Once the sun goes down, I am the baddest thing prowling the night: I command the elements, and I know no fear. For centuries, I've protected the innocent and watched over the mankind, making sure they are safe in a world where nothing is ever certain. All I want in return is a hot babe in a red dress, who wants nothing more from me then one night.

Instead, I get a runaway Mardi Gras float that tries to turn me into roadkill and a beautiful woman who saves my life but can't remember where she put my pants. Flamboyant and extravagant, Sunshine Runningwolf should be the perfect woman for me. She wants nothing past tonight, no ties, no long-term commitments.

But every time I look at her, I start yearning for dreams that I buried centuries ago. With her unconventional ways and ability to baffle me, Sunshine is the one person I find myself needing. But for me to love her would mean her death. I am cursed never to know peace or happiness— not so long as my enemy waits in the night to destroy us both.

—Talon of the Morrigantes

My Review:
Oh, it was really fantastic to read these books! They're the official beginning of a series that I just love so much, that's just so great, that I love turning every page! The situations the characters get into, or are thrust into, just frustrate me so much that I can't do anything to help them!

So yeah, Night Pleasures, that was just so good, from the beginning of being hand-cuffed together, and then everything that happened from then, from her wacky family and her avoidance of it, and him being a hunter of the night. Yeah, lots of fun!

Then Talon and Sunshine, which was just so good, I'd forgotten that Talon wasn't his original name. And that what happened to his sister, and how all that is why he became a Dark-Hunter. But I remembered who her grandmother was, and how that helped!

Lots of great things happened in these books, from the characters themselves-like when Ash was walking out, the door closed on his coat, Nick made a remark, then Ash freed his coat, and Nick retracted that comment. So funny! And we get to meet Styxx, though really briefly, and we hardly know it's him!

Such great books, I enjoyed reading them so much, they're just so good! I want more now!

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: Dark-Hunter #2, 3
Read: May 19th, 20th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Need to reread this series, and they're Sequel Challenge 2013 Books!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: October 13th 2002, July 1st 2003

Night Pleasures:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Night Embrace:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

                                                                    

2 comments:

  1. These were awesome books; and funny.
    Welcome to the Dark-hunter series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they were great, it was great to reread them, since I read them before I started blogging/using goodreads to track my reading :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!