Saturday, May 4, 2024

Week 18 Review: Blood & Ruin

From Goodreads:
Six years ago, my world was ripped from under me, and I was taken to Cardinal Three. A place where pain has been my endless companion.

Witches, demons, shifters and humans all live under one rule.

King's.

What he says goes.

So, trying to get the hell out of here hasn't been easy.

No one leaves without his permission.

In fact, no one leaves at all...That is, alive.

But I have a plan.

One chance to get out of this nightmare once and for all.

One month is all I need.

One month to stay off King's radar and get the last few items needed for the spell I've been working on.

Shouldn't be that hard...right?

But turns out King has his own plan. One that involves trading me off to the five alphas of Manhattan.

With King's ultimatum, I have no choice but to go through with it. But I'm still getting out of here, no matter what.

Or so I thought.

Turns out the five alphas are my mates…

And also, the boys I left behind six years ago.

**Blood and Ruin is a Reverse Harem romance, meaning the main FMC will not have to choose between love interests. It also contains violence, adult themes, bad-language and content which some readers may find upsetting.**

My Review:
Oh, I really enjoyed reading this book! The synopsis had me really intrigued, so I'm glad that I got the sequel when it was up on NetGalley before reading this one, because I'm going to be able to pick it up right away-and I'll need to, because I need to know what's going to happen next! 

This world of paranormals, and mates and such, was so interesting to read. That she has this ability to heal, to deal with incredible amounts of pain and not show any lasting physical signs (except for what King-who I thought was Cain because of me listening to an audiobook-doing experiments to slow down or block her ability) loved it! 

She was in a pretty horrible position, what with King as her captor, basically, and holding her mom's friend as hostage for her good behaviour. That these guys, who were her best friends, come back into her life, not knowing what she's been through, what things are like for her, judging what things appear to be...yeah, that was pretty rough. And getting in the way of her escape plan.

I'm really excited to see where the series goes from here. The way things ended, with her not knowing that they came back from death, with where she is, yeah, I need to know more! After that ending that was so intense and fantastic, I need more! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Rumer Hale
Series: Blood and Ruin #1
Read: May 2nd, 2024
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book!
Publisher: Dreamscape Media
Published: February 27th 2024
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!