Saturday, August 3, 2024

Week 31 Review: Sanctuary

From Goodreads:
It's not easy serving the Chernobog, the God of Destruction, Darkness and Death…especially during the holidays; and especially when you're out of eggnog and one of your pesky, freeloading mythic creatures has eaten your last cookie.

Roman would like nothing more than to be left alone, but when a wounded boy stumbles into his yard and begs for sanctuary, Roman takes him in. Now elite mercenaries are camped out on his property, combat mages are dousing the house with fire, and strange priests are unleashing arcane magic. They thought Roman was easy pickings, just a hermit in the woods, but they chose the wrong dark priest to annoy. For while Roman might be patient, he is the Black Volhv, filled with the love of his terrible god. For his adversaries, it's a fight to the death, but for him, it's just another day in the neighborhood.

My Review:
Of course I loved reading this book, I adore Ilona Andrews writing, and this is set in the Kate Daniels world, following Roman, who we've met a few times, but the story has never focused on him before this book. It was fantastic and I'm so glad that we got it! 

I was reading this as it was being published on their blog. I was glad to read it all again, and then having the ending, to get a bit more of time with these characters was so great! This series is so fantastic, and having a book focused on the perspective of a priest, and their god, added to the world, which I love! 

Roman wants to be left alone, it's the holidays, and he's in a pretty poor mood. But when a boy comes to his home and asks for sanctuary, he grants it, that someone is after this kid, and the methods of the people after him are not great. Which just makes his mood worse.

It was really good to spend this time with Roman, he's been a beloved character since he was introduced, and getting to know more about him and his past and the path to becoming his god's priest, and it sucks how much harder it was for him then it should’ve been because of his brother and family. But I'm glad that this is going to be a series so we're going to get more!

Loved reading this book and I can’t wait for whatever's next from Ilona Andrews!

Author: Ilona Andrews 
Series: Roman Chronicles #1, World of Kate Daniels #15.5
Read: July 30th, 2024
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this world, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: NYLA 
Published: July 30th 2024
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!