Monday, September 9, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #692, September 9th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #691
Teaser Tuesday #699
WWW Wednesday #699
WOW #695
Will the Time Come #692
Third Sentence Thursday #682
Random Reads #668
First Lines Friday #695
Book Blogger Hop #361
Monthly ARC's Update 88
The Reward Challenge Update #677
Wheel of TBR #224
How Well I Stuck to It #529
Wrote that Review Update #526

Week 36 Reviews:
If I Have to Be Haunted

Magical Readathon: Orilium: 

SeasonAthon Academy: 

Phase Out Your TBR: 

Random:

OK, so I got 66 posts in 7 days, and it was a pretty good week, I did lose the weekend to a migraine, which is why I'm getting all this blogging done after midnight, which isn't great, but I'm on the later shift today, so not the early morning, so that's good! Otherwise the week was good, I read some great books, and I can't wait for this coming week! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read Somewhere Beyond the Deep!

Somewhere Beyond the Sea is the hugely anticipated sequel to TJ Klune' The House in the Cerulean Sea, one of the best-loved and best-selling fantasy novels of the past decade. Featuring gorgeous orange sprayed edges!

A magical house. A secret past. A summons that could change everything.

Arthur Parnassus lives a good life built on the ashes of a bad one.

He's the master of a strange orphanage on a distant and peculiar island, and he hopes to soon be the adoptive father to the six dangerous and magical children who live there.

Arthur works hard and loves with his whole heart so none of the children ever feel the neglect and pain that he once felt as an orphan on that very same island so long ago. He is not alone: joining him is the love of his life, Linus Baker, a former caseworker in the Department In Charge of Magical Youth. And there's the island's sprite, Zoe Chapelwhite, and her girlfriend, Mayor Helen Webb. Together, they will do anything to protect the children.

But when Arthur is summoned to make a public statement about his dark past, he finds himself at the helm of a fight for the future that his family, and all magical people, deserve.

And when a new magical child hopes to join them on their island home—one who finds power in calling himself monster, a name that Arthur worked so hard to protect his children from—Arthur knows they're at a breaking point: their family will either grow stronger than ever or fall apart.

Welcome back to Marsyas Island. This is Arthur's story.

Somewhere Beyond the Sea is a story of resistance, lovingly told, about the daunting experience of fighting for the life you want to live and doing the work to keep it.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read that TJ Klune book yet, but I've enjoyed the ones I have read. Here's what I read https://clairesreadsandreviews.home.blog/2024/09/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-15/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people haven't read it yet-it comes out tomorrow, but I can't wait, I've also really enjoyed all the books that I've read from T.J. Klune! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the migraine. You got so much read this week. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks! Migraines aren't great, though I'm glad that they're usually not as bad as they used to be. Thanks, and thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!