Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week 52 Review: Conflicted

From Goodreads:
In the Elfin world, magic and destiny determine who will be together. "Chosen" pairs are fated to meet at the age of 18. 

Keegan, however, is an anomaly. Having fallen in the battle between the Light and the Dark, she is only alive now due to Black Magic, and her bond with her Chosen is broken. She cannot remember Rourk at all. 

For the first time, she feels like a normal teenager. She is dating Donald, her long-time crush, and everything seems perfect. But Rourk still feels their bond, and despairs for the woman he was always meant to love. 

Keegan’s best friend Anna is determined to find a way to use her powers to return Keegan’s bond, no matter what it takes. The question is does Keegan even want it?


My Review:
Yeah! Such a great book! And a quick read, too! It was different from Coexist, because in Coexist Keegan had the bond, and this one, the bond was gone, and so there was a lot of conflict there, the main plot of the book, the bond, the lack of the bond, and trying to get the bond back. Yep.

We got to really see Rourk, as he is without Keegan, and we see that he's not only protective and loyal to those he loves, he also protects people even though he doesn't really know them, and in the main case, gains a new friend, which was very cute!

We also got to see more of the magical world, and that lead to a view of Keegan that I didn't like so much, it showed that she had some growing up to do, shattering my belief that the year between leaving 16 and entering 18, you're already an adult, though I'm more then halfway through that point right now. Oh, well. I just don't like the comparisons you could make between me and Keegan because we're supposed to be adults pretty soon, and act more mature. And college stuff. Argh!!!!! I don't need any more reminders (though I just decided on a BA in English or something)

This was a really good book, so I hope you guys check it, and the first book, Coexist, and the last book, Consumed!

Author: Julia Crane
Series: Keegan's Chronicles #2
Read: December 30th-31st, 2011
Source: Author for review ish
Reason Why: Read the first book for a book tour, and wanted to read more of the series!
Published: September 14th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to review Conflicted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I love reading :) it's the best thing of my entire day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I've always loved to read too. It's a nice escape from reality at times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep :) and boredom :) And so interesting, too! Books are the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!