Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Dead I Know: Review

From Goodreads:
You wake in the middle of the night, your arms and feet pinned by strong hands. As you thrash your way to consciousness, a calm voice says, "Steady. We're here to help." Your mind registers a paramedic, a policeman, an ambulance. You are lying on the lookout at Keeper's Point, the lookout Amanda Creen supposedly threw herself off. And you have absolutely no idea how you got there.

Aaron Rowe walks in his sleep. He has dreams he can't explain and memories he can't recover. Death doesn't scare him – his new job with a funeral director may even be his salvation. But if he doesn't discover the truth about his hidden past soon, he may fall asleep one night and never wake up. A potent, intense psychodrama that will keep you gripped to the very last page.

My Review:
Fantastic book! Great characters, great plot, and amazing writing the way the little details are slowly given out, in the form of dreams at the beginning of most chapters. I enjoyed it a ton, and yeah, I'm so glad that I was asked to be a part of this tour!

So Aaron is a bit messed in the head. He has missing memories and he sleepwalks, and he has strange dreams that might actually mean something to him. It's not his fault, it's just what life's thrown at him. And he is dealing with it pretty well. But then things start changing, for the better!

I really loved how things were revealed, at a great pace, it was just written so well, and was so entertaining! And with characters that I wanted to know more about! How people set up him with the job at with a funeral director, helping him through things, that was really great!

This was a shortish book, but there was a lot packed into it, and I just loved the mystery, because it was just fantastic! And it ended really well, which was really great, the characters deserved that after all that they went through!

This was a really fantastic book, I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Scot Gardner
Read: August 15th, 2012
Source: Publisher for Review
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book!
Publisher: Razorbill Canada
Published: August 1st 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!