Saturday, August 25, 2012

Week 34 Review: Born Wicked

From Goodreads:
Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they're witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave.

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word... especially after she finds her mother's diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family's destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren't safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other.

My Review:
Things can stay the way they were in the ending of this book. This is the first thing I've written, because it's the thing I feel most passionate about-it can't stay that way! It can't! It hurts too much! We need to move it to a better spot! Because, ah!

I just instantly fell in love with this book, because, this world. I hated how bad it was for these awesome characters, that there's a prophecy that one of the Cahill girls would kill another, which, yeah, in a good world, that wouldn't happen. So I hated the world on behalf of the characters, because they can't leave it, and I can.

Cate, she has a lot of responsibility on her shoulders. She's the oldest, and she's the one that knows the most of what is going on, and she has the looming deadline on her shoulders-so I was glad that she got Finn. But even that was pretty much wrecked in this book!

Because, that ending! The pressures she was under, in all, I think she made the best choice, joining the Sisterhood, she can do some good there, the choice for her sisters, rather then the best choice for her, Finn, because that is who she is. And it hurt to read her make that choice!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was just so good and entertaining! So good!

Author: Jessica Spotswood
Series: The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1
Read: August 22nd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a fantastic book, and it's a YAHFC book and a DAC book!
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Published: January 25th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books

4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!