Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week 33 Review: The Girl is Trouble

From Goodreads:
Iris Anderson and her father have finally come to an understanding. Iris is allowed to help out at her Pop's detective agency as long as she follows his rules and learns from his technique. But when Iris uncovers details about her mother's supposed suicide, suddenly Iris is thrown headfirst into her most intense and personal case yet.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It was just so enjoyable, and written so well! It was a bit weird and fusing reading this book before reading the first one, but oh, well! This book was really fantastic, and I enjoyed it so much!

I really enjoyed the characters in this book, they were entertaining to read about, they had flaws, and the ones they knew about, they worked around, that just shows that they're trying to do the best they can at this little thing called life.

The mystery was pretty awesome, too! It was personal for Iris, I mean, it's her mom, and so that meant that she dug into it, and was a bit emotional with the whole personal connection, but yeah, it was a really great mystery!

And how it wrapped up, it was really fantastic to read! I mean, there was the pretty big reveal, and then there were the things that was happening in her relationship, and yeah, that was really great! Really great ending!

I would really love a 3rd book in this series, and now to read the first one!

Author: Kathryn Miller Haines
Series: Girl is Murder #2
Read: August 16th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a YAHFC book and a Sophomore Reading Challenge book!
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Published: July 3rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

4/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!