Saturday, January 4, 2014

Week 1 Review: City of Lost Souls

From Goodreads:
The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon. Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge.


Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

My first review of City of Lost Souls
My Review
:
Oh, wow, such a great book, I had such an excellent time rereading it! And only because of it's size did it actually take me that long to actually getting around to rereading it! Which is not its fault, it's just that I put it off because it was long, and then I wanted to read it less, Jennifer Lynn Barnes did a blog post on the Psychology of the TBR Pile and cognitive dissonance. And yeah, that's what happened with this book.

Loved being with these characters again, because I really enjoy reading their adventures, their tragedies. And if you look at it one way, this book had both, from Clary disregarding what Jace said to kill him so Sebastian wouldn't have control over him, Magnus breaking up with Alec, to Jordan and Maya maybe finding their way back to dating each other again.

Poor Jace and Clary, I mean, they've been through so much, from falling in love, being told that they were brother and sister, finding out that they weren't, then Jace being whispered by Lilith until she possessed him, and now Sebastian controls him, and he knows that, but he can't control himself, and yeah, that's just not good for their relationship!

Sebastian was extra creepy, from the clothing that was for their mom, to kissing Clary, and how she broke the house with the rune, if I remember right, was the one that she used on the boat in Ashes? Yeah, this book had a lot going on, and then it ended, with so many things not how they should be (Jace with angel fire, Magnus and Alec broken up, ext) that I can't wait the 4-5 months for City of Heavenly Fire!!!

I loved this book, it was so freaking good, and yeah, CoHF, here I come for you, very soon, but so very far away!

Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #5
First Read: August 4th, 2012
Read: December 30th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book and a LLFL Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Published: May 8th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!