Saturday, January 4, 2014

Week 1 Review: Wild Rain

From Goodreads:
To escape an assassin, Rachel finds sanctuary in the rainforest, where the most exotic of all creatures walks: Rio. But when he unleashes his secret animal instincts, Rachel fears that her isolated haven could become an inescapable hell...

My Review:
Oh, man, what a great book! I mean, they're a spectacular romance, an incredible world, and just great writing, that comes with great characters! I just absolutely loved this book, and I loved rereading it, because it was so good!

A little back story to this book, is that when I first read it, I read it while I was on a Bahamas cruise, so for this vacation that I'm back from, I decided that I was going to do that again. And while I didn't manage to read it while I was on the cruise, I did read it while I was on the vacation, so that's good enough for me!

I really enjoyed reading about these characters, and having actually read the first story! I loved being submerged in this world, and it's pretty unique-most shape shifter books are usually about wolves, and they're usually in the US. But this one takes jungle cats, and puts them in South America (at least, that's where I'm pretty sure they are, if they actually mentioned a country, I've forgotten it already!)

Totally enjoyed Rachel and Rio together, and how Rachel learns more about their world, and what she is, and then she goes through their species version of puberty, but only for like, a few days, not years. And yeah, their reactions, how they took care of each other's various injuries. Yep.

I just loved this book, and yeah, really enjoyed it, and can't wait to read more!!!

Author: Christine Feehan
Series: Leopard People #2
First Read: February 14th, 2009
Read: December 28th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Jove
Published: January 27th 2004
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!