Saturday, January 14, 2017

Week 2 Review: Three Truths and a Lie

From Goodreads:
A weekend retreat in the woods and an innocent game of three truths and a lie go horribly wrong in this high-octane psychological thriller filled with romantic suspense by a Lambda Award–winning author.

Deep in the forest, four friends gather for a weekend of fun. 

Truth #1: Rob is thrilled about the weekend trip. It's the perfect time for him to break out of his shell…to be the person he really, really wants to be. 

Truth #2: Liam, Rob's boyfriend, is nothing short of perfect. He's everything Rob could have wanted. They're perfect together. Perfect. 

Truth #3: Mia has been Liam's best friend for years…long before Rob came along. They get each other in a way Rob could never, will never, understand. 

Truth #4: Galen, Mia's boyfriend, is sweet, handsome, and incredibly charming. He's the definition of a Golden Boy…even with the secrets up his sleeve. 

One of these truths is a lie…and not everyone will live to find out which one it is. 

My Review:
This book was pretty spectacular! It was creepy and mysterious and awesome! I guessed one of the twists, but I didn't guess the big one! As things got creepier and creepier and their circumstances went from bad to worse, I was just glued to the page!

I read this book pretty quickly! Like, it about 2 hours, give or take. I enjoyed every minute of it, and the pages just went right by, it was so addicting and well written! And I loved the hints that things weren't right, because they didn't always seem that way, and some of them were easy to spot, but some of them weren't!

Reading about these characters was pretty great! We didn't get to know them all that well, but it is a fairly short mystery/ psychological thriller! And what we did know just made things all the better, because it gave us hints at what was going to happen!

Loved the ending! We knew that something was wrong given the synopsis, and I guessed who the bad guy was, but I didn't guess the bigger twist! Made for such a great ending, and was the perfect closer for this book!

This book was really fantastic and enjoyable!

Author: Brent Hartinger
Read: January 9th, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great and it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: August 2nd 2016
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!