Sunday, August 7, 2011

Monster Review-a-Thon Mini Challenge #1

Here's a link to the challenge, and here are the questions:
1. Are you happy with your review format currently?

2. Scrutinize it a little more, maybe compare it to other blogs you like, anything you think you might change?

3. Implement some basic changes and tell us what you think. Or, you can tell us one or two aspects of your reviews that you like.

And my answers are:
 
1. Yeah. Pretty much. I think the actual reviews are a bit rambly, and after a while, a bit the same (if you look at a few of them in a row, then I think you'll see what I mean) But other then that, yeah, I like them. I have a picture of the cover, a link to Goodreads, and the summary on the Goodread's link, and then the review.
 
2. I would like to change how much info I have. Like adding the author's name, publishing date, the source that I got the book. Maybe why I picked the book up in the first place? That might add to my reviews...
 
3. I like having the covers, because a lot of them are really pretty, and I like that I've only ever not finished 1 book while blogging (not really part of the reviews, but yeah, I can't think of anything else, and my reviews are all on Saturday)

2 comments:

  1. Those are some good ideas to add to your reviews. I don't think I could read a review without a cover, or write one. I feel like without it, people wouldn't quite understand. And we're a visual society after all. :)

    Have fun writing your reviews this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep :) And me, neither! The covers can be really pretty, and I like looking at them :)

    And you too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!