Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 31 Review: Destruction from Twins

From Goodreads:
Part I (Destruction From Twins)

When a selfish enchantress seeks to steal mystical powers from her twin sister, she sentences the world of Lor Mandela and its inhabitants to death. In an effort to preserve itself, the soul of the planet appoints a Child of Balance named Audril Borloc who must solve a prophetic riddle known as the Advantiere. All hope seems lost, however, when shortly after her fourth birthday, Audril disappears without a trace.


Desperate to save their world, Lor Mandelan spies travel to Earth in search of the little girl with black hair and bright blue eyes-traits that on Lor Mandela are exclusive to the ruling family, Borloc. Instead, they find seventeen-year-old Maggie. While the age difference between the girls is obvious, Maggie has the Borloc traits-evidence enough for the eager spies. They devise a plan to get Maggie to Lor Mandela, but will their scheme be successful? And what if they have the wrong girl? Who will save Lor Mandela then?


Part II (And So It Must End)


Maggie Baker has always wished for a more eventful life. Unfortunately, she is about to get it. Following an earthquake that no one seems to have felt but her, her mundane existence is thrown into a roller-coaster ride of twists and turns as she suddenly finds herself bouncing back and forth between her hometown of Glenhill, Iowa and the distant world of Lor Mandela. On this strange planet, Maggie must learn who to trust, and who to fear. More importantly, she must find a way to convince the Lor Mandelans that she is not the Child of Balance, and her family and friends in Iowa (and herself for that matter) that she is not going insane.


Amid fighting a two-headed creature, being captured by a lawless band of Shadow Dwellers, and falling head-over-heels for the enchanting son of an evil warlord, Maggie sees the lines of the Advantiere unfold around her. It isn't long before she discovers that her blasé reality could be the real fantasy, and that the fate of an entire world may actually depend on her.

My Review:
I read the second book, Four Hundred Days, for a tour review, and I enjoyed it. So when there was something on Smashwords or someone had a coupon, this book was free, and I instantly snatched it up, because reading books out of order just isn't something that I like to do. Even if I did do so, it made reading Four Hundred Days not as easy to read as this one.

Anyway, this was just an awesome book that I loved to read. The first bit was a bit not as fast, and it took me a while to get through, but once I hit part 2, it really sped up, with lots of action, and some really funny parts!

I hated the bad guy, who was more smart then I realized, and I didn't realize that he was a bad guy until later on. But I had a few suspicions, since yeah, he was the bad guy after all!

I enjoyed the book, and I loved the ending, how you can pretty much always find romance in books, since there's people, and people want to be loved. Everybody had a happily-ever-after-for-now till the next book, and I really enjoyed that!

This was a really good book, and one that you guys should really check out!

Author: L. Carroll
Series: Lor Mandela #1
Read: July 31st-August 4th, 2011
Source: Free
Reason Why: I enjoyed the first book, so I had to check this one out!
Publisher: Realtime Publishing
Published: July 17th 2010
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!