Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 32 Review: Pale

From Goodreads:
The Lazarus Serum can bring you back from the dead - but when you come back you've changed - you're a Pale, an outcast. It's the last thing Jed wants, but an accident changes everything and Jed's forced to discover the true cost of living forever.

My Review:
Oh, this was a really awesome book! I enjoyed the world, it was different, and I enjoyed these characters, and I loved to hate the situation that they were in! It made for a really awesome read, and I'd love to read more!

To die, but then be brought back to life, sounds pretty awesome. But it's not, if you become a Pale, an outcast. Sure, you're not alone because you have the other Pales around you, but your previous life, your friends, your family, it's gone. And that's a pretty big loss!

Jed was pretty great to read about! He had a pretty great life, and then he lost it. Then he had to deal with everything that it means to be a Pale. And it was really interesting and it was enjoyable because it's unlikely to happen in real life. Though there are real world examples of this behavior, which sucks!

This book is short, about 80 pages. It's a novella, and it packed a lot of punch! We met these characters, and we rooted for them! And while it is short, I would really love if there would be a sequel or something, because I want more!

Loved reading this book, it was a really awesome read!

Author: Chris Wooding
Read: August 10th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a 2012 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Stoke Books
Expected Publication: September 10th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!