Saturday, May 31, 2014

Week 22 Review: How to Date a Nerd

From Goodreads:
Zoe has a great pair of legs, perky boobs, and wears exactly what she needs to show it all off. She works hard for the easy sleazy 'you only wish you were me' reputation, burying who she really is—an all-out nerd.

The only time Zoe gets to be herself is when she hides under her comforter to read X-Men comics, sending jealousy stabs at everyone who attends Comic-Con. Keeping up her popular rep is too important, and she's so damn insecure to care about the consequences. But when Zoe's sister takes her car for a 'crash and burn into a tree' joyride, her parents get her a replacement. A manual. Something she doesn’t know how to operate, but her next door neighbor Zak sure as heck does.

Zak's a geek to the core, shunned by everyone in school for playing Dungeons and Dragons at lunch and wearing "Use the Force" t-shirts. And Zoe's got it bad for the boy. Only Zak doesn't want Popular Zoe. He wants Geek Zoe.

She has to shove her insecurities and the fear of dropping a few rungs on the social ladder aside to prove to Zak who she really is and who she wants to be… if she can figure it out herself.

My Review:
This was just such a nice, sweet book! It reminded me of The Summer I Became a Nerd, of a girl who is popular, and hides her non-popular aspects, falls in love with a nerd, and things change, for the better or the worse, though it's usually worse, then better!

I enjoyed their romance, it was nice and sweet, and while Zoe made some mistakes, to keep her popularity, her reputation, intact, well, they still worked well together, and yeah, I just really enjoyed their relationships, the ups and the downs, because it was really good!!!

Separately, this was just full of great characters! Because Zak was sweet and cute, enjoyable, and himself, he didn't change himself so that he could be popular, he was himself, and withstanding that kind of peer pressure, that takes a strong person!

Yeah, this was just a really great book, that I really enjoyed!

Author: Cassie Mae
Series: How To #1
Read: May 28th, 2014
Source: YA Books Review Copy
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Swoon Romance
Published: September 24th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I just added this book to my TBR this week. I'm glad you wound up rating it so high! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I really enjoyed it!I just wish that I've had time since I read it to now to actually write the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!