Saturday, May 31, 2014

Week 22 Review: Unchosen

From Goodreads:
I thought the worst of my reaper training was behind me… turns out I was wrong. Dead wrong. 

Molly Bartolucci has done a lot of growing up but after being accused of using illegal magic at her school for necromancers, reaper-in-training Molly is treading lightly. As the destined leader of Anubis's Chosen, she needs to study hard, train harder, and stay out of trouble. 

Uh, right. 

It doesn't help that she's feeling more than academic about her melt-your-bones hot reaping instructor, Rath. And if her relationship drama isn't enough to drive her over the edge, she has to deal with mother issues, nosy little sisters, suspicious friends, and an unnamed force stalking her at school. 

Then her family is attacked, and her bio-dad ends up comatose in the hospital. Now, Molly has to uncover who's trying to hurt her loved ones—and all without the help of Anubis.

My Review:
Oh, man, this was such a great book! I so totally enjoyed it, we got to see a bit more of this world, with the start of the trials to find the Daughter in Egyptian, Kebechet/Chosen, to the ending and the reason why the book is called Unchosen, because a task that Molly is sent on.

A task to find her dad and something else, because they're missing. Yeah, that's not good news to Molly, after all the training that she went through in this book in preparation for this contest, and now she has to drop out to do this task, not fun for Molly! And that's just the end of the book!

We find out who Irina really is, and how she's related to Molly, and then there's her aunt, who's warning her against something, and when they release her soul from Set, well, bad things happen because she was protecting Molly from someone, someone that comes closer and closer to killing Molly throughout this book, and I think that if you got 3 guesses, you wouldn't get who was after her!

The only thing about this book that I didn't like, was that it was too short, and we didn't get enough story, or characters, or plot, and that makes me sad, because it was an excellent book, and I wanted more of it, because yeah, it was really good!

Yeah, this was just a great book, and I can't wait for Unbroken!!!

Author: Michele Vail
Series: The Reaper Diaries
Read: May 30th, 2014
Source: Tuebl/NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: A Freeman Publication
Published: October 26th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!