Saturday, July 19, 2014

Week 29 Review: Pleasure of a Dark Prince

From Goodreads:
Kresley Cole enraptures again with this seductive tale of a fierce werewolf prince who will stop at nothing to protect the lovely archer he covets from afar.

A Dangerous Beauty

Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her—and those she loves. 

An Uncontrolled Need

Garreth MacRieve, Prince of the Lykae: the brutal Highland warrior who burns to finally claim this maddeningly sensual creature as his own. 

That lead to a pleasure so wicked...

From the shadows, Garreth has long watched over Lucia. Now, the only way to keep the proud huntress safe from harm is to convince her to accept him as her guardian. To do this, Garreth will ruthlessly exploit Lucia's greatest weakness—her wanton desire for him.

My Review:
Oh, I really enjoyed this book! I mean, it starts between the first 2 books, there abouts, and yeah, how they first meet, and why Garreth was there when all the vampires were looking for Emma, and yeah, that was really great!

Yeah, that beginning was a bit weird, because it's just before Lachlain came back, and he was the King, and yeah, that was really weird, because Lachlain is the older brother, so yeah, since A Hunger Like No Other, that was a weird shock, for a second there, I thought that he and Emma were gone! But I figured out the truth soon enough!

I loved how when they got to the present in the series, and how long he'd been chasing her, and then how Nix just set them up together, and how they interact after that, because of her vow to remain a virgin to keep her shooting powerless, that was just hilarious!

I really didn't like that one god, because Lucia's husband is her enemy, but she just says, hey, go ahead and sleep with the monstrous creature, don't go looking for a weapon that can kill gods, because you're not worth it. Yeah, didn't like her, and joke is on her, because Lucia now has a never ending supply of god killing arrows!

Loved this book, and that ending, oh, really set up for the next book, and I can't wait to read it!

Author: Kresley Cole
Series: Immortals After Dark #9
Read: July 14th, 2014
Source: Own
Reason Why: Loving this series! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Pocket Star
Published: February 16th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!