Friday, August 16, 2024

Book Blogger Hop #358, August 16th

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: What are your thoughts on book-to-book comparisons (for example, "It's the next Harry Potter")? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)

Saying something is the next big thing, I don't really like, because it gives me the ick for some reasons. Comping, something meets something, that gives an idea of what the book is like, and if someone might be interested in it, that I'm good with. What about you guys? Happy reading! 

2 comments:

  1. I generally don't take much notice of them, especially if I haven't read the books mentioned. If you have read the comparing book then I can see that it can be useful.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/16/book-blogger-hop-book-to-book-comparisons/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good, the comps are only good if you've read the books that they've been compared to. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!