Saturday, August 3, 2024

Week 31 Review: A Cursed Son

From Goodreads:
In her dreams, he envelops her in love—in real life, he imprisons her in ice.

Assassin, liar, impersonator—dreamer.

As a decoy princess, trained to replace Her Highness even in a political marriage, Astra's life is not her own. With a duty like that, how can she dream about love?

And yet she knows she has a kindred soul. She can feel his presence every night, holding her in his arms, surrounding her with his warmth. But ice-cold reality crashes in when Astra's carriage is attacked by the Crystal Court's disgraced prince.

Exiled for horrific crimes, not only he's a wielder of powerful magic, he can also penetrate minds.

It turns out that he is the man in her dreams.

And this is about to get very, very awkward…

A Cursed Son is a fun, sexy, enemies-to-lovers fantasy romance for fans of fae, elemental magic, forced proximity, dream connection, and snarky banter.

My Review:
I had a really great time reading this book! I loved reading Astra's story, learning more about this world, and rooting for her as she dealt with conflicting loyalties, because this one kingdom raised her, but this prince is not what he seems. I had to know more! I was full to the brim with giddiness reading this book, the set up and these characters were so cute!

Astra's life is not her own, she's been raised to be the body double of this princess, to put her life in danger to keep this girl safe. She was housed in the castle, but kept secluded, trained, but wasn't paid. And she has a secret about her heritage, which makes things all the more complicated.

That they are soulmates, with that dream connection, was so much fun to read, because she feels embarrassed by the contents of the dreams, whereas he thinks she's that powerful, that she's making it up, which causes a lot of banter which was hilarious to read. I was a tad bit confused-was it a mix of things that'll happen in the future, and a more loving version of the present? Because there was that once scene where he was poisoned and that was happening in real time, but the other ones, they seemed to be at a time that hasn't happened yet...I'm not sure, maybe we'll find out more in the sequel! 

Yeah, that ending got me! I'm glad that she figured out at least a part of the truth of what was going on, and was making a plan to get him out-but in the meantime, he's being held prisoner by someone who doesn't wish him well, and I know it's not going to go well, and I need him not to be in that awful situation! 

Loved reading this book so much, and I'm so exhilarated for the sequel! 

Author: Day Leitao
Series: Remnants of the Fallen Kingdom #1
Read: August 1st, 2024
Source: NetGalley  
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2024 Book! 
Publisher: Sparkly Wave
Published: June 25th 2024
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!