Saturday, February 16, 2013

Week 7 Review: The Friday Society

From Goodreads:
An action-packed tale of gowns, guys, guns –and the heroines who use them all. 

Set in turn of the century London, The Friday Society follows the stories of three very intelligent and talented young women, all of whom are assistants to powerful men: Cora, lab assistant; Michiko, Japanese fight assistant; and Nellie, magician's assistant. The three young women's lives become inexorably intertwined after a chance meeting at a ball that ends with the discovery of a murdered mystery man.

It's up to these three, in their own charming but bold way, to solve the murder–and the crimes they believe may be connected to it–without calling too much attention to themselves.

Set in the past but with a modern irreverent flare, this Steampunk whodunit introduces three unforgettable and very ladylike–well, relatively ladylike–heroines poised for more dangerous adventures.

My Review:
This book was utterly fantastic! So much fun to read, the pages were just flying, and yeah, the fact that it's about girls, and them being kick ass in the time that they are in, well, is just the best! I loved reading this book!

I loved reading about these girls, from some pretty diverse walks of life, coming together, and being these awesome ladies that aren't the most conventional, but get what's needed, done! They were really fantastic characters!

And with those kick butt females, well, it was just fitting that their bad guy was a lady! So awesome, and not really what you'd expect from the time, but just brilliant to read about! So glad for this book, it's amazing!

I don't want this to be a stand alone book-I want a sequel, or sequels, I just want more time in this world, with these characters! They were really freaking great, and a lot of fun, and this book just flew by! I need more!

Such a great, awesome book! Adrienne Kress is a really great author! I needs more now!

Author: Adrienne Kress
Read: February 9th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded good, and it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book!
Publisher: Dial
Published: December 6th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!