Saturday, June 22, 2013

Week 25 Review: Blood-Kissed Sky

From Goodreads:
There's nowhere left to hide. 

I thought vampires were our enemies - they controlled our lives, isolated our cities, and demanded our blood - until I met Victor. With Victor taking over as the new Lord Valentine, things were supposed to get better. Instead, they're worse than ever. 

Day Walkers, a new breed of vampires who can walk in the sun, are terrorizing the city. Blood supplies are low, and if Victor's vampires don't get enough, they will become infected with the Thirst - a disease that will turn them into mindless killers. 

To stop it, I must journey across the desolate wasteland to the very place where the sickness began. I can only hope that the answers that await me are enough to save us all... before it's too late.

My Review:
So Darkness Before Dawn was an unexpected book. But when it was so good, well, I had some higher expectations of this book. And it didn't disappoint! I really enjoyed getting to spend more time in this world, as things are getting more and more complex! It was awesome!

The fact of the Day Walkers, well, it's kinda terrifying, that those that could cause the most damage, could walk among the populace, and not be identified as the enemy, well, yeah, that's probably one of the worst fears for the people charge!

The dreams that Dawn had? And the significance of them, where they lead? Well, they build up to that ending that was just so darned good! Absolutely loved them, and yeah, with everything that was going on, this was just so good!

Like the fact that the area is vampires in the inner circles, and humans wanting in on the outer? Or the 15th vampire family, the Montgomery's? And the Day Walkers? Just so many developments, and I loved reading about them all!

Such a great book, with such an ending, I want the last book now!

Author: J.A. London
Series: Darkness Before Dawn #2
Read: June 18th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Beause I loved the first book, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book and a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: December 26th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!