Saturday, June 29, 2013

Week 26 Review: Spy Glass

From Goodreads:
An undercover mission leads to danger, adventure and an impossible choice.

After siphoning her own blood magic in the showdown at Hubal, Opal Cowan has lost her powers. She can no longer create glass magic. More, she's immune to the effects of magic. Opal is now an outsider looking in, spying through the glass on those with the powers she once had, powers that make a difference in the world. Until spying through the glass becomes her new power. Suddenly, the beautiful pieces she makes flash in the presence of magic. And then she discovers that someone has stolen some of her blood - and that finding it might let her regain her powers. Or know it could be they are lost forever.

My first review of Spy GlassMy Review:
This book was complicated! And yeah, I just thoroughly enjoyed Opal dealing with all these problems that come around about because of her powers, because they're messing with her life, and she's had enough of it! I loved how she really took charge in this book!

While this book had it's serious moments, like trying to forcibly make her a part of the family so her abilities would be bred it, there were some really hilarious moments, like Opal's mom, saying that her daughter must be dead, because her daughter wouldn't be late to her other daughter's, Opal's sister's, wedding! So cute!

A good part of the book, is the mystery. And part of that, helping and hindering, and overall, a bad guy, is Finn/Galen, and dealing also with Paxia, who's putting the loss of her powers in good direction, and her family, yeah, that wasn't fun, but that ended pretty well!

I know Devan did some pretty bad things to Opal. I mean, he tortured her, after all. But if she could forgive him, then we can. And yeah, looking at them in the end, they do make a really good couple, and I enjoyed where that was left off, with them eloping, and adopting the siblings!

I enjoyed this book (and this series!) so much, and I can't wait for Maria V. Snyder!

Author: Maria V. Snyder
Series: Glass #3, The Chronicles of Ixia #6
First Read: August 11th-12th, 2011
Read: June 27th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Mira
Published: August 31st 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!